Why Take This Course?
Much of the world’s data is stored in databases, a structured system created to hold data in a digital environment controlled by various Database Management Systems. Among all the other options, a crucial creation of the late-1980s, Relational Database Management Systems, still manages to maintain its glory in the industry, even recently. Consisting of a collection of tables “related” to each other from various aspects, Relational Databases have become one of the most valuable assets of a data scientist, obliging individuals of the field to learn the usage of RDBMS such as SQLite, MS SQL Server, and MySQL.
For beginners who wish to lay the foundations of their knowledge on relational databases, the self-paced course “Introduction to Database” is tailor-made, so to speak. Welcoming its participants with thoughts on what databases are and their importance, the course then explains the terminology of relational databases; including the types of relations & keys such as primary and foreign keys, along with essential principles of the field, ACID & Normalization, in particular. The exclusively-designed learning path then steers the theme towards practical application of SQL, Structured Query Language, and combines it with Python; finalizing the course with a simple project utilizing all the course content in the latter.
You are invited to join our Introduction to Database Hub and use this space to discuss topics related to the course, share interesting and relevant material and links, ask questions and engage with peers.
All Our Programs Include
- A joint certificate issued by Global AI Hub for each successful learner
- Additional access to active mentoring by Global AI Hub experts
- The certificate you will earn in this training is valid for privileged membership applications under the CoreRelation Program
- Thanks to the Swiss-based AI Business School and the «10million.AI» project this course is free
- It is part of the national education campaigns aiming at educating more than 10 million learners for free on AI and other digital technologies
Part of the following learning paths
- Welcome To Introduction to Database Course!
- What is the importance of the Database in the World of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science?
- Why do we need a Programming language for databases?
- Key Distinction Between Traditional Software Projects and Machine Learning Projects
- What is Database? Why do we need it?
- What is Database Management Systems (DBMS)?
- Types of DBMS
- What is a Relational Database?
- Relational Database Types
- Key types
- Some Anomaly (Error) Types Seen in the Database
- What is Normalization?
- ACID(Atomic, Consistent, Isolated, Durable)
- Database index(Indexing)
- SQL – Basic SQL Commands
- Query multiple tables
- SQL Setup & Queries with Python
- Phonebook Application with SQLite
- Practical Use Of What Has Been Learned
- Further Projects
- What’s Next
The course includes a series of lessons that lead you through the content in small, bite-sized learning blocks. Each lesson includes exciting video sessions followed by thought-provoking assessment questions.
- Video sessions have to be marked as complete and can be accessed freely after the completion of each lesson.
- Assessment questions are graded for the calculation of certification progress.
- Each day has a “Materials” section to help you revise the topics that are seen that day.