WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
In the age of Data Science, there are two other issues that developers must know besides machine learning and programming language. Version control and personal portfolios.
While version control systems ensure the follow-up of your software and the coordination with your teammates, which is inevitable in working life, your portfolio will be your most effective resume in the world of data science. In this course, you will gain these competencies:
- How to follow your projects with Git Version Control System
- GitHub website where you can share your work with the world, spend time with all the other developers, review the open-source projects of the most advanced technology companies worldwide, and showcase your work.
- All the information you need to build your portfolio
You are invited to join our Version Control Systems & Portfolio forum and use this space to discuss topics related to the course, share interesting and relevant material and links, ask questions and engage with peers.
ALL OUR PROGRAMS INCLUDE
- Additional access to active mentoring by experts of the Global AI Hub
- A joint certificate issued by Global AI Hub for each successful learner
- Thanks to the Swiss-based AI Business School and the «10million.AI» project this course is free.
- It is part of the national education campaigns aiming at educating more than 10 million learners for free on AI and other digital technologies.
PART OF THE FOLLOWING LEARNING PATHS
- Welcome to Version Control Systems & Portfolio Course
- How To Handle Long-Term projects with Huge Team?
- Why Do We Need To Keep Track Of Changes?
GIT and VERSION CONTROL
- What is Version Control
- What is Git and How is it Work
- Git Loop
- Git Installation
- Git Concepts – 1: Commit, Branch
- Git Concepts – 2: Tag, Head
- Git Concepts – 3: Pull, Push
BASIC COMMAND LINE and TERMINAL
- Basic Terminal Overview
- Basic Git Usage
- Difference Between Git and Github
- Creating GitHub Account
- Creating New Repository on GitHub
- GitHub Desktop Installation
- GitHub Desktop Tutorial
- GitHub Desktop Usage
- Why Portfolio is important
- What is Markdown?
- Markdown Tutorial
- How to write a Readme?
The course includes a series of lessons that lead you through the content in small, bite-sized learning blocks. Each lesson includes exciting video sessions followed by thought-provoking assessment questions.
- Video sessions have to be marked as complete and can be accessed freely after the completion of each lesson
- Assessment questions are graded for the calculation of certification progress
- Each day has a “Materials” section to help you revise the topics that are seen that day